Hey BridgeKids Families!
Jesus had just fed more than 5,000 people on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. After sending away the people and directing His disciples to go back across the sea, Jesus went to a mountain to pray. It was late, and He sought to be alone with His Father. Jesus was preparing to fulfill His Father’s plan. Before long, He would die on the cross and rescue people from their sin.
Open your Bibles to Matthew 14:22-33. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. Here you will read about how
Jesus took Peter by the hand and got in the boat. The wind and waves calmed. Though Peter had doubted, the disciples worshiped Jesus. Clearly He was no ordinary man; this was the Son of God—the promised Messiah!
Jesus proved that He can be trusted. His miracles, teaching, death, and resurrection showed that He is who He says He is. Only Jesus can save us when we look to Him in faith. As you talk with your kids, encourage them to look to Jesus in faith every day. We can seek Him for our salvation and for help as we live in this world. Even in the midst of fear and doubt, we can hold out our empty hands and cry, “Lord, save me!” He will answer, and we can respond in worship of our Lord and Savior.
Ask the questions:
- Who did you think was walking on the water? (Read Matt. 14:26.)
- What did Jesus say to you when you saw Him? (Read Matt. 14:27.)
- When did you start to sink? (Read Matt. 14:30.)
- Where were you when this happened? (Read Matt. 14:22,24.)
- Why do you think you doubted Jesus? (Read Matt. 14:31)
- What did you do when the wind stopped? (Read Matt. 14:32-33.)
- It’s Time to Make Room for More: On December 2nd, we will kick off our Christmas series by adding another Sunday morning Worship Experience. Lately, people have had a hard time finding parking spots close to the building. Even the auditorium is feeling pretty tight. So let’s make more room. By adding another service, we open up 250 seats for people to join this booming movement. Each chair represents a life, a family, a part of our community. Be thinking now of someone you would like to see in one of those seats. Our new service times will be 8:30, 10 and 11:30am.
- BridgeKids Offering – Our kids are collecting our offering to be able to buy a family in need Christmas gifts this year.
- Memory Verse – John 20:31 – These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.