Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned that God provided food and water for His people as they wandered in the wilderness.
Open your Bibles to Exodus 15:22-17:7. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. Here you will read about when Israel became hungry and thirsty, they grumbled about Moses and God, and God graciously provided for them even if they did not deserve it. In the same way that God provided for Israel’s physical need, God provides for the spiritual need of people through Jesus.
Help your kids understand that God is gracious and He freely gives what we need – including Jesus – not because of anything they have done, but because of God’s goodness alone.
Ask the questions:
- – Why did the people complain to Moses in the wilderness? ( They could not find food or water, Ex. 16:2-3; 17:1-3)
- – What did the Israelites call the food that God provided? (manna, Ex. 16:31)
- – What instructions did God give the Israelites for collecting manna? (Only collect enough to eat each day. Collect enough for two days on Friday so they didn’t have to gather manna on the Sabbath; Ex. 16:16-26)
- – How did God provide water for His people? (He told Moses to hit a rock with his staff and water came out, Ex. 17:5-6)
- – How long did the Israelites eat manna in the wilderness (40 years, Ex. 16:35)
- – What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
- – Family Movie Night – Put on your PJ’s and bring your favorite blankie for another BridgeKids Family Movie Night! On Saturday, January 28 at 6 pm we will be watching the Prince of Egypt. We will be watching at Beach Haven. Plan to join us, and bring a friend! Ps. Popcorn is on us!
- – Bring you Bibles: We want your children to grow more comfortable using a Bible, and in particular their own Bible. If they have a Bible, be sure they bring it. Don’t have a Bible? Please let us know, we want to make sure every child has one geared for their age.
- – Penny Wars!: Every week in BridgeKids we take an offering to teach the kids how to give back to God. We are raising money to buy a good meal for kids in an orphanage in Peru. We need $100 to buy the meal and any extra will make that meal more special. Along with the penny wars, we are also collecting beanie baby size stuffed animals and baseball caps to send to Peru with the teams heading there. If you have some to donate, drop them off in BridgeKids on Sunday’s.