Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week, we continue examining the judges of the Old Testament with Gideon. Gideon was an unlikely judge. When God called him, he was afraid and was unsure if he could be used by God. God proved to Gideon, and the Israelites, that He is strong enough and that He is the One Israel should depend on.
Open your Bibles to Judges 6-8. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. The Israelites cried out to God because they knew they could not save themselves. Even Gideon was not enough to save them; God used Gideon to save His people, but God fought the battle for them. The people needed someone who was mighty to save. Jesus Christ came to save us from sin because we cannot save ourselves. Only God, through Christ, can save us. Help your kids see that God uses our weaknesses for His glory.
Ask the questions:
- Who attacked Israel after they turned away from God? (Midian, Judg. 6:1)
- What did God’s angel call Gideon? (a mighty warrior, Judg. 6:12)
- Did Gideon’s fear stop God’s plan? (No, God used Gideon’s weakness for His glory.)
- How many men did God choose to fight the Midianites with Gideon? (300, Judg. 7:7)
- How does God accomplish His plan? God uses people for His glory and our good.
- Unit Memory Verse – Currently our kids are memorizing Isaiah 33:22 – The Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us.
- Lake Ann – LifeBridge will be assisting with transportation to Lake Ann Camp for Week 6: July 24-29. Register today, as spots are filling up! If you have any questions, you may contact April Pachuta at 270-952-0057 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lake Ann Camp | Christian Summer Camp | Retreat Center
- Penny Wars!: Every week in BridgeKids we take an offering to teach the kids how to give back to God. We are going to raise funds to build a Nursery at the Sunshine Kids Club in Peru. Learn more about the club here: skcperu.com. We have raised over $140 so far!