Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week we continue our study of the Judges as we work through the Old Testament. When God’s people were distressed by Canaan, they cried out for a judge and God sent them a judge named Deborah. Deborah obeyed God and instructed Barak to fight Israel’s enemy. With the help of a woman named Jael, Israel won the victory.
Open your Bibles to Judges 4-5. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. Here you will read about how God used Deborah to help lead the Israelites. God does what is for His glory and our good. (Psalm 115:3; Romans 8:28) God fought for the Israelites and used Deborah, Barak, and Jael to defeat Canaan. In a similar way, God uses people and events to not only save us from our enemies, but to bring about our ultimate good: salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Help your children see that God uses people to bring about His perfect plan.
Ask the following true/false questions:
- -Barak was the next judge of Israel. (False, Deborah was the judge; Judges 4:4)
- -Barak said he would fight if Deborah went with him. (true, Judges. 4:8)
- -Sisera fled the battle in his chariot. (False, Sisera ran away on foot; Judges 4:17)
- -Jael hid Sisera in her tent. (true, Judges 4:18)
- -The people praised Barak for defeating the Canaanites. (False, the people praised God; Judges 5)
- -How does God accomplish His plan? God uses people for His glory and our good.
- Unit Memory Verse – Currently our kids are memorizing Isaiah 33:22 – The Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us.
- Lake Ann – LifeBridge will be assisting with transportation to Lake Ann Camp for Week 6: July 24-29. Register today, as spots are filling up! If you have any questions, you may contact April Pachuta at 270-952-0057 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lake Ann Camp | Christian Summer Camp | Retreat Center
- Penny Wars!: Every week in BridgeKids we take an offering to teach the kids how to give back to God. We are going to raise funds to build a Nursery at the Sunshine Kids Club in Peru. Learn more about the club here: skcperu.com.