Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week, we returned to our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned about God leading the Israelites out of Egypt. God used miraculous plagues to show Pharaoh and the Egyptian people that He alone is God and graciously spared the Israelites from the final plague when they trusted in Him and put the blood of a lamb around their doors. God spared Israel by the blood of a lamb, but Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
Open your Bibles to Exodus 5-14. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. There is a lot to read here. Help your kids understand that God’s salvation of His people is always by grace through faith and remind them of their need for Jesus to forgive them of their sin. Just as the Israelites had to trust God by putting the blood of the lamb on the door post, so we must trust in the blood of Christ for our saving.
Ask the questions:
- – Who led the Israelites out of Egypt? (Moses)
- – What did Pharaoh say when Moses told him that the Lord said to let His people go? (“Who is Yahweh that I should obey Him?” Ex. 5:2)
- – How many plagues did God send to Egypt? (10, Ex. 7:14–12:30)
- – Why did God send the plagues? (God proved to the Egyptians that He is the one true God.)
- – What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescues His people from captivity.
Christ Connection: At Passover, God spared the Israelites from judgment by requiring the blood of a lamb. Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt, and God provided a way for them to escape through the Red Sea. The Bible says that Jesus is greater than Moses. (Hebrews 3:3) Jesus is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. People who trust in Jesus escape the penalty of sin and have eternal life.
- – Family Movie Night – Put on your PJ’s and bring your favorite blankie for another BridgeKids Family Movie Night! On Saturday, January 28 at 6 pm we will be watching the Prince of Egypt. We will be watching at Beach Haven. Plan to join us, and bring a friend!
Ps. Popcorn is on us!
- – Bring you Bibles: We want your children to grow more comfortable using a Bible, and in particular their own Bible. If they have a Bible, be sure they bring it. Don’t have a Bible? Please let us know, we want to make sure every child has one geared for their age.
- – Penny Wars!: Every week in BridgeKids we take an offering to teach the kids how to give back to God. We are raising money to buy a good meal for kids in an orphanage in Peru. We need $100 to buy the meal and any extra will make that meal more special. Along with the penny wars, we are also collecting beanie baby size stuffed animals and baseball caps to send to Peru with the teams heading there. If you have some to donate, drop them off in BridgeKids on Sunday’s.