Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week we continue our journey through the big story of the Bible and wrap up our time with Solomon by learning about how he thought about the purpose of life and wrote about it in the Book of Ecclesiastes.
Open your Bibles to Ecclesiastes 1:1-11. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. Here you will read about how Solomon discovered that apart from God, life does not make sense. God created everything, and He gives everything a purpose. Jesus gives us purpose for living. Jesus came so that we might live for Him and have full, meaningful life.
Ask the questions:
- Who wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes? (the Teacher, the son of David, Solomon; Eccl. 1:1)
- What does Solomon say about life at the beginning
of the chapter? (“Everything is meaningless,” Eccl. 1:2)
- What do you think meaningless means? (useless,
unimportant, not successful, no purpose)
- Who gives life purpose? (Life only has purpose with God.)
- How many new things are there under the sun? (no new things, Eccl. 1:9)
- Why can we trust God? Everything God does is for His glory and our good.
- Pumpkin Party – Come join us for a Pumpkin Party on Thursday, October 19th 6:00-7:30 @ beach haven. The event is for all of our Bridge Kids and their families! This is also a great opportunity for your kids to invite their friends from the community. All are welcome!! We’ll be having lots of fun fall activities: games , face painting , bounce house, candy, a photo booth and more. Make sure you dress in your best (non-scary) costume. We’ll have a costume contest around 7:00 for kids 0-12. Hope to see you there!
- Unit Memory Verse – Psalm 100:5 – The Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.
- Step In: Just as we are in the main gathering, the BridgeKids have been challenged to step into what God has for them. One of the ways we are doing this is by crossing the Jordan river. Our river stretches from the Landing out into check-in. Every time the kids bring an offering to BridgeKids they get to put a rock on our river to help cross it. The funds are still going to build a Nursery at the Sunshine Kids Club in Peru. Learn more about the club here: skcperu.com. We have a goal to raise $500 dollars by the Ripple Effect and have raised over $350 so far!