Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week we listened in as Joshua shared his final words of encouragement to Israel. Joshua is near the end of his life, and like Moses, he addresses the people to point them to God. They had a choice to make: choose to follow God or choose to follow the false gods. They couldn’t do both.
Open your Bibles to Joshua 23:1-24:28. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. As Joshua prepared for his own death, he left a legacy of obedience to God. After Jesus’ death and resurrection, He appeared to the disciples and left them with a legacy: to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything Jesus commanded. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Help your children see that they have the same choice to make today. They may not be tempted to worship little statues, but they can worship plenty of other things besides God.
- -Thee Israelites were not able to take over the promised land. (False, God gave them the land; Josh. 23:1)
- -Joshua was old and would die soon. (true, Josh. 23:2)
- -Joshua told the people to obey all of God’s laws (true, Josh. 23:6)
- -Joshua reminded the people of all that God had done for them. (true, Josh. 24:2-13)
- -Joshua told the people that it was OK to worship idols. (False, Joshua encouraged the people to worship God alone; Josh. 24:14)
- -The people promised to worship God. (true, Josh. 24:24-27)
- -We can trust God to take care of us. (true)
- Lake Ann Camp: Summer seems so far away, but registrations for Lake Ann Camp are filling up quickly! If you have a child going into 4th grade through a graduating senior, Lake Ann Camp would be wonderful way to spend a week this summer! LifeBridge will be assisting with transportation to camp for Week 6 (July 24-28). They are seeing more early registrations than ever before, so don’t delay on signing up! If the financial responsibility is more than your family can currently afford, please get in touch with April about Scholarship Applications. This camp is a big investment in the lives of your children, and we have people in the church that want to help you make that investment. Registration can be completed online at http://lakeanncamp.com. Registration is $125, and guarantees your camper a spot. If you have any questions, please contact April Pachuta at 270-952-0057 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Penny Wars!: Every week in BridgeKids we take an offering to teach the kids how to give back to God. We are going to raise funds to build a Nursery at the Sunshine Kids Club in Peru. Learn more about the club here: skcperu.com.