Hey BridgeKids Families!
This week, our journey through the Bible took us to when Moses went up Mt. Sinai to talk with God for 40 days. During that time, the people rebelled against the one true God and asked Aaron to make a golden calf to be their god. When God became angry, Moses interceded on their behalf.
Open your Bibles to Exodus 32:1-35 & 34:1-9. If you have younger kids you can use a story Bible to read it with them. Help your kids connect Moses interceding for Israel that day with Jesus interceding for God’s people today.
Ask the questions:
- How long did Moses spend on top of Mt. Sinai speaking with God? (40 days and 40 nights)
- What did the Israelites make while Moses was on top of the mountain? (a golden calf to worship, Ex. 32:1-5)
- How did God react when He saw their sin? (God was angry and threatened to destroy them, Ex. 32:7-10)
- What did Moses ask God to do for the people? (forgive them, Ex. 32:30-34)
- How did God punish the people of God for their sin? (God sent a sickness on the people, Ex. 32:35)
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
- Who serves as a better Mediator than Moses? (Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and stands for us before God, Heb. 9:15)
Christ Connection: God’s people sinned against God,
and Moses asked God to forgive them. Moses acted as their mediator, standing for them before God. Moses could not
do anything to make up for their sin, but we have a better Mediator—Jesus. Jesus paid for our sin on the cross and stands for us before God. When we trust in Jesus, our sins are forgiven.
- Song Practice: February 9 at 6 pm we will be practicing our song that we are going to sing in the main gathering. Plan to come out for a half hr to practice with us.
- Bring you Bibles: We want your children to grow more comfortable using a Bible, and in particular their own Bible. If they have a Bible, be sure they bring it. Don’t have a Bible? Please let us know, we want to make sure every child has one geared for their age.
- Penny Wars!: Every week in BridgeKids we take an offering to teach the kids how to give back to God. We are raising money to buy a good meal for kids in an orphanage in Peru. We need $100 to buy the meal and any extra will make that meal more special. Along with the penny wars, we are also collecting beanie baby size stuffed animals and baseball caps to send to Peru with the teams heading there. If you have some to donate, drop them off in BridgeKids on Sunday’s.